(First appeared here)
This is an action plan from Microsoft tech support. I’m going to be testing this in my Lab over the next week or so. I’ll post any significant notes or corrections that I find.
1. Run ADprep on SBS 2008 with the Windows 2008 R2 disk.
· Insert the media for Windows Server 2008 R2 into the Small Business Server 2008 server.
· Browse to the following folder:
· <DVD drive >:SourcesAdprep> Adprep /forestprep
· Press C, and then press ENTER. Wait for the process to complete.
· <DVD drive >:SourcesAdprep>Adprep /domainPrep
· when this step completes, you should receive a message: “Adprep successfully update the domain-wide Information” Continue reading “Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2008 transition / migration to Server Standard 2008 R2”